INTER AGENCY CONSULTATIVE GROUP MEETING
12 FEBRUARY 2012, CR 6 (NLB) , UNHQ
The General Assembly in itsÂ resolution 66/214 of 22 December 2011 decided to hold a comprehensive ten-year review conference of the Almaty Programme of Action in 2014, in accordance with paragraph 49 of the Almaty Programme of Action and paragraph 32 of the Declaration on the midterm review preceded, where necessary, by regional and global as well as thematic preparations in a most effective, well-structured and broad participatory manner. Intergovernmental mechanisms at the global and regional levels, including those of the United Nations Regional Commissions, as well as relevant substantive material and statistical data, should be effectively utilized in the review process.
- Launch the preparatory process for the Review Conference;
- Consult on roadmap of preparatory activities for the period 2012-2014;
- Discuss preparations for the Regional Review Meetings to be held in Asia/Europe, Africa and Latin America;
- Develop a preliminary list of thematic pre-conference events along with identification of possible lead/sponsor agencies; and
- Define any other areas of collaboration, both financial and substantive, that can be promoted among the IACG partners
- A roadmap of preparatory activities for the Comprehensive Ten-Year Review Conference;
- A matrix indicating the activities that the agencies will pursue towards the preparatory process, including thematic pre-conference events and substantive contributions;
- A follow-up mechanism to share and update all IACG partners on the progress being made in undertaking the preparatory work; and
- A meeting report that reflects the issues discussed during the meeting.
- Concept Note
- Provisional Programme of the IACG Meeting
- Preliminary List of Pre-Conference Thematic Events
- Report of the Meeting