The World Bank and UN-OHRLLS are organizing a Pre-Conference Event: Transport Development and Trade Facilitation to be held on Thursday 13 June 2013, from 10.00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. at the World Bank in Washington DC. The Pre-Conference Event is being organized as an integral part of the ongoing preparatory process for the of the Comprehensive 10 Year Review Conference on the implementation of the Almaty Programme of Action that will be held in 2014 as mandated by the United Nations General Assembly in its resolution 66/214.
The main objectives of the Meeting include to substantively review the progress made in improving transit transport infrastructure and services, and trade facilitation to assist LLDCs to easily access international markets; identify the major achievements, lessons learnt and best practices; identify the constraints and outstanding gaps that need to be addressed in the future; and suggest priorities on transport development and trade facilitation for a new development agenda for LLDCs which will feed into the draft outcome document of the 10 Year Review Conference on the implementation of the Almaty Programme of Action.
- Concept Note
- World Bank publication: Improving Trade and Transport for Landlocked Developing Countries
- Press Release
Program and Presentations
- Link to all presentations
- Opening Statement by Mr. Gyan Chandra Acharya, Under-Secretary-General and High Representative for the LDCs, LLDCs and SIDS
- Opening Statement by H.E. Saleumxay Kommasith, Permanent representative of the Mission of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic to the United Nations and Chairman of the Group of LLDCs
- Presentation by Mr. Sandagdorj Erdenebileg, Chief of Policy Development, Coordination and Reporting Service, OHRLLS
- Video recording of the eventÂ (please note the video may take a few minutes to load)